Before you start laughing with @fourlittlecreatures, let us introduce Tanya to you: she is incredibly funny, honest, direct, “no-bullshit” type of a woman who happens to be a mom of 4 under 5?! Yes, you read it right…. Also, she has a wonderful carrier in Child Protection, insanely hot husband and seems to have a magic power to laugh at whatever life trows at her (generally, its just a lot of poo LOL). She is one of the supermoms we fell in love on Instagram and that is why we decided to open our new, Instamama guest blog section precisely with her. Enjoy it;)
5 things that Instagram has taught me about motherhood…
- That I am definitely not talented. So many Insta mummas have amazing sewing, craft, building and business skills. I my friends am rubbish at most things that involve making things from scratch. I am however incredibly talented at shopping. #thankgodforafterpay
- My kids appear to the most feral. Or atleast the most naked #thankstoscout. I greatly admire the perfectly dressed and presented little ones. I however cannot seem to get my boys in anything that isn’t a superhero themed outfit. Lets not even get started on Margot and her clothes destroying “crawl”. It actually breaks my heart watching her literally rip the arse out of her outfits. Also I need some more people to stalk that can teach me how to braid not only kids hair but my own…
- People seem to lovvvvvvvvvvve the shirtless pics of my husband more than any photos of me with my kids. I think he secretly loves this too….And btw, insta dad accounts are totally underrated and f……. hilarious!
- That motherhood is completely different with each child and completely different experience for everyone. Whilst there are many aspects that resonate between everyone, everyone will do things differently. I think this is amazing and should be embraced. Difference it was makes us who we are and it should be something to be celebrated and not looked down upon. At the end of the day how you chose to raise your children does NOT affect anyone but you so why should anyone have an opinion about it??!
- 99% of mothers that I have met through IG are absolute legends. I have made some incredibly legitimate friends through this little app. I love how diverse everyone is and the different knowledge and motivation that people bring to the table. From healthy/motivational people like Alice @aliceinhealthyland and Lucia @luciademello_ to mummas that help us stay fashionable like Marcia @notsomumsy we all have something to bring to the table. No matter the size of the account the women that I have met have been genuine, down to earth and most of all lovely. There are so many that I’m probably bordering on stalking and would have legit grounds for a restraining order (huh um sorry Nada and Noan @fini.thelabel) but thankfully that has not occurred. #howeverthecourtprocessisslowsomyordersmaybeinthemail. The beauty that I have found with IG is that you can talk to people you would never have the confidence to speak to in real like. Well not me actually. I would dead set talk to a brink wall if I thought it smiled at me….
You can keep laughing with Tanya at her Instagram profile @fourlittlecreatures.